One of the most essential investments you can offer your teeth, a well-thought of and established dental care routine that is particularly tailored towards your oral health’s needs. In some cases, you might be obliged to change the type of tooth brush, toothpaste, and even floss. Mouthwash also remains an essential component of your dental care routine.
What is Chlorhexidine Mouthwash?
Chlorhexidine Mouthwash is a mouthwash that kills bacteria in your mouth. Chlorhexidine Mouthwash is an antiseptic mouthwash primarily prescribed by dentists to treat the bleeding, swelling, and inflammation associated with gingivitis1.
What are the uses of chlorhexidine mouthwash?
Chlorhexidine mouthwash, coupled with routine tooth brushing and flossing, is used to treat gingivitis, a gum condition that results in red, swollen, and readily bleed-able gums. Chlorhexidine is a member of the antimicrobial drug subclass of medications. By reducing the number of bacteria in the mouth, it helps to lessen gum inflammation, bleeding when you brush, and swelling. Chlorhexidine mouthwash guarantees the acquisition of an optimal oral health. However, prolonged or regular use of chlorhexidine mouthwash is not recommended.
What are the benefits of Chlorhexidine Mouthwash?
Chlorhexidine mouthwash comes with a list of benefits including the following:
- The germs that cause gum disease in your mouth can be eliminated with chlorhexidine. It is therefore a powerful antibacterial mouthwash. It can be prescribed by your dentist to treat the bleeding, swelling, and inflammation of gingivitis.
- Chlorhexidine forms a barrier over your gums and teeth during dental treatments, preventing plaque buildup for up to 12 hours. This aids in the treatment or prevention of gum disease and oral infections. If you have a mouth ulcer or sore throat, it also helps to relieve your symptoms2.
- Evidence also supports the supplemental short-term use of chlorhexidine to manage dental plaque, minimize clinical symptoms of dry socket and gingivitis, and reduce bacterial aerosolizing3.
It is also important that you consider chlorhexidine mouthwash’s side effects4:
- The tongue, restorations, and tooth surfaces may get stained as a result of chlorhexidine use. Often, any stains can be eliminated with a thorough cleaning.
- Your risk of developing tartar increases.
- You cannot use chlorhexidine on a daily basis as it is not recommended for daily use.
With Listerine, you do not have to worry though! Listerine is distinctive, and its regular use is secure. Within six months of use, Listerine helps reduce gingival inflammation thanks to its blend of four essential oils, including methyl salicylate, eucalyptol, thymol, and menthol. You can improve your oral hygiene regimen for a healthy mouth and teeth with Listerine.
How is Listerine Different?
Compared to other mouthwashes, Listerine secures outstanding results when used twice daily. As opposed to chlorhexidine mouthwash,
- Listerine’s formula more effective in the reduction of plaque and gingivitis.
- While maintaining the micro-flora balance, Listerine does not alter your taste perception or promote calculus formation.
- Its efficacy is indifferent to toothpaste ingredients.
- LISTERINE®, when used twice daily, provides 24-hour plaque protection and kills 99.9% of germs that are left behind after brushing alone.
Listerine’s mouthwash is your to-go-to mouthwash for daily use, ongoing clean feeling, and unparalleled oral health. Listerine mouthwash is known for its ability to combat bacteria in the mouth and keep you always feeling healthy and fresh. With Listerine, you can guarantee the benefits of using chlorhexidine mouthwash and worry less about its drawbacks.
Remember, it is always best to follow a routine dental hygiene regimen that includes twice-day brushing, daily flossing, and mouthwash use, as well as regular trips to the dentist should help to prevent additional gum disease concerns. Keep in mind that using mouthwash on daily basis (ideally two times a day) is your key in ensuring optimal oral health. Daily use of mouthwash, such as Listerine, is a preventative measure that you certainly do not want to miss on as you take care of the health of your dental health while safeguarding it from gum diseases and other oral diseases.